Andrean Economics Association
The Departments of Economics & Business Economics conducted the following programmes during 2008-2009 for students of all classes to further their understanding of Economics and its relevance in our everyday lives:
- Discussions on world developments and their economic impact.
- Getting to 'Know an Economist'.
- On 20 January 2009, students from the F.Y., S.Y. and T.Y. Arts and Commerce faculties attended a special lecture by Dr. Ritu Dewan, Professor at the Department of Economics, University of Mumbai and eminent journalist and activist Basheer Manzer on ‘The Kashmir Issue – a Historical and Current Perspective.’
- A visit to the R.B.I. Monetary Museum on 23 January 2009.
- Students were asked to attempt three quizzes which tested their knowledge about economic theory, economists and applied economics, as well as their understanding of basic concepts. 23 students from the Arts faculty (F.Y.B.A. and S.Y.B.A.) and 35 F.Y.B.Com students attempted these quizzes. The students with the highest aggregate scores were Leanne E. Fernandes and Perpetual C. Fernandes from the Arts faculty and Rollan F. Pinto from the Commerce faculty.
- The Stock Market game was conducted for the S.Y.B.Com. students to help them understand the working of the stock market.
- The Department is proud to announce that Craig Michael (F.Y.B.Com. 'B') secured the third prize at the prestigious Annual Inter-collegiate Lalit Doshi Memorial Elocution Competition conducted by the Department of Economics, St. Xavier's College.
Dr. Amelia Correa