DEPARTMENT OF Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance).
Duration of course:
a) The course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over three years.
b)Number of students: the batch shall consist not more than sixty students.
c) the course of consist of 38 subjects and 2 project.
d) total number of lectures per paper per semester (subject shall be maximum of 60 each of 50 minutes duration)
60 students (Self Financed Courses)
A Candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance) Degree course shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or it’s equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at (45% in case of reserved category) one and the same sitting .
Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the constituent /affiliated college /recognised institution conducting the course, shall have to register himself /herself with the University.
Full Time Faculty:
|Shirley Pillai||M.com,M.phil MBA* ,B.Ed||Asst. Prof|
|Patricia Pereira||MMS in Finance||Asst. Prof|
History of the Department:
The department was established in the year 2009-2010
Academic Activities initiated for the current year 2010-2011:
- A guest lecture for the students of FY on “Career Opportunities in Banking & Insurance” By Prof. Jinesh Shah (Faculty member NMIMS and Director of a Financial Consultancy Firm).
- Training programme for the students of FY and SY by NFAP (Financial consultancy firm).
- An industrial visit was organized for the FY students to the RBI Museum and LIC Company Fort, Mumbai in December 2010.
- Seminar on 22nd December 2010 for students of FY and SY by Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company to give insights into insurance agencies.
- Industrial visit for the students of SY to the Parle Biscuit Company, Khopoli in January 2011.
- Session by Insurance Institute of India on 8th Feb 2011 for the students of FY and SY.
- A guest lecture for the students of SY on 21st Feb 2011 on “Trends and scope in Insurance” by Mr. Yogesh Zaveri ( Working with LIC Insurance company)
1. Attended National Level NSS camp in June 2010 at the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Shirperumbadur, Tamil Nadu.
2. Attended a talk by President Barack Obama at St. Xavier’s College, Fort