DEPARTMENT OF BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES – B.M.S
Duration of course:
The Course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over three years. A batch shall consist of not more than 60 students as specified by the University. The course shall consist of 39 modules comprising 38 theory papers and one project.
1.Of 120 seats, 60 seats are reserved for minority (Catholic) students.
2.Admission for students of other categories will be on merit, subject to the rules of the Government and the University of Mumbai.
3.Admission schedule will be displayed on the notice board on the day of the H.S.C. results.
A candidate to be eligible for admission to the B.M.S. degree course shall have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or Diploma in any Engineering branches with two years or three years or four years duration after passing the Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) conducted by the board of technical education Maharashtra State or equivalent examinations and secured not less than 60% marks in aggregate at first attempt.
Full Time Faculty:
|Ms. Vinima Gambhir||B.Com, LLB (G), DHRM, MBA||Asst Prof|
|Ms. Savina Shenoy||B.Com, Dhrm, Diploma In Media Communications Specialized In P.R||Asst Prof|
|Ms. Melanie Andrade||B.COM, M.COM. (MGMT.), N.E.T. (COMMERCE)||Asst. Prof|
History of the Department:
Started in the year 1999-2000
Academic Activities initiated for the current year 2010-2011:
- The B.M.S results for the academic year 2009-2010 32 Distinctions and 84 First Class.
- XYZ- This year too the BMS Students co-organised the Inter-collegiate Festival Andrean Business Youth Organisation organised worshops and seminars on career opportunities, Leadership skills, personality development and grooming etc.
- From SYBMS two groups Vamps (Valentine, Adan, Pearl, Mark and Maazen) and Catalyst (Bushra, Mavis, Natasha, Sumona and Perpetual) are selected in the top 10 M TV Gang Next 2
- MFX won 3rd place best dance crew at channel V FESTIVAL HELD IN GOA ON THE 4TH AND 5TH Feb, 2011.
- Valentine Fernandes won SunBurn 2010 on MTV.