St. Andrews's College Library
St Andrew’s College Library was started in 1983-84. Books are organized subject wise according to the Dewey Decimal Classification System into three major categories:
- Reference Section
- Textbook Section
- Subject Books
Every Academic Library is nerve centre of teaching learning process. It’s objective is to fulfill the information needs of its user community both Teachers and Students. For this purpose the library undertakes three major activities.
I. Providing Information Resources: The St. Andrew’s College library has following information Resources available for its user community.
- Books: Approx. 30000 in number
- Magazines: 22
- Periodicals: 50
- News Papers (National Daily): 6
- Articles: 1400
- Non-Book Resources: CD’s/DVDs etc.: 306
- Databases: 3
II. Information Processing & Organization
The information resources received in library are accessioned, catalogued and classified using standard library processing codes and rules. The resources are put under 50 subject categories the major categories are;
|001 - 009||Research Methodology / Journalism|
|004 - 006||Computer Science/ Information technology|
|100 - 109||Philosophy|
|150 - 159||Psychology|
|200 - 209||Religion|
|300 - 309||Sociology|
|320 -||Contemporary Issues|
|330 - 339||Economics|
|400 - 490||English Language|
|500 - 590||Science|
|658 -||Management Science|
|659 -||Advertising & Branding|
|810 - 819||American English Literature|
|820 - 829||English Literature|
|IND 820 – IND 829||Indian English Literature|
|900 - 990||History|
III. Information Services: Library offers various services to its user’s .They include:
- Circulation Service: The Professors/ Students of Current Academic year can avail this facility.
- Photocopy/ Xerox Facility: Library Members can avail this facility on demand
- Internet facility: The Internet facility is available free of cost to library members.
- Book – Bank Facility: Economically poor students are provided with basic text books of their courses for the current academic year.
- Inter Library Resource Sharing: There are two types of services available under this.
- Members are issued introductory letters, so they can go and refer to other academic libraries in Mumbai e.g. Jawaharlal Nehru Library at University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus.
- St. Andrew’s Library has taken membership to other libraries, and provides resources form these libraries on demand
British Council Library
American Information Centre.
St Andrew’s Library offers membership to Professors, and Students enrolled in the current Academic year.
Ex Students / Others can avail the reference facility by permission from Principal / Librarian.
Library is open from 7.30.a.m. to 5.p.m. on all working days.
|Librarian:||Ms. Ranjana Arora|
|Asst. Librarian:||Ms. Shraddha Sawant|
|Library Clerk:||Ms. Flavy Rodrigues|
|Library Assistants/ Attendants:||Mr. Stan Fernandes|
|Mr. Subhash Gamare|
|Mr. Vijay Navate|
|Mr. Chandra Kant Manjrekar|
|Mr. Sebastian Ferguson|
|Mr. Ganesh Patil|