As per the University of Mumbai Circular No.Exam/VCD/College(Rev/Ver)/1603 of 2005, students who wish to have their answer books revalued are advised to follow the instructions given below:
A. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING PHOTOCOPY/IES OF ANSWER BOOK/S
- The candidate should apply personally for the photocopy/ies of assessed answer books in the prescribed form available at the college office on production of proper identification [Hall Ticket for ex-students / Identity card for Regular students].
- The candidates shall apply for photocopy/ies of assessed answer book/s only in theory papers [not for practical examination or internal assessment] within a period of seven days from the date of declaration of the result along with the following:
- Question paper/s of the subject/s in which a photocopy/ies is/are required
- Photocopy of the statement of marks (Term-End / A.T.K.T.)
- Fees for providing photocopy/ies
- Caste certificate [for S.T., S.C., D.T./N.T.] if concession is sought.
- The non-refundable fees for providing photocopy of the answer book per paper will be Rs.100/- (for Open Category) and Rs.50/- (for Reserved Category - S.T., S.C., D.T./N.T.) payable in cash only. The candidate, belonging to the reserved category, who wishes to avail the concession in fee, must attach a copy of valid caste certificate.
- The application form must be complete and should be completely filled and signed by the examinee candidate personally. An incomplete application form will be rejected.
- A candidate who has passed / failed in the examination may apply for any number of subjects for photocopies of the assessed answer book/s.
- The verification of the assessed answer book/s will be done before giving the photocopy/ies of the answer book/s to the candidate. If the results / marks are changed due to verification such a change shall be incorporated in the student’s marksheet.
- The marks awarded by the examiner/s in the respective paper shall be final.
- On receipt of photocopy/ies, the applicant examinee shall be the sole custodian of it/them and under no circumstances they shall be transferred to any third person or for any other purposes.
- The photocopy/ies so obtained by the candidate shall be for his / her exclusive and relevant use. If the applicant so desires, he / she can use it only for the purpose of getting the redressal of the grievance/s through the redressal mechanism provided by the college as per the rules.
- Any deviation from this procedure by the applicant shall be construed as an unfair act on the part of the examinee and shall make him / her liable for appropriate punishment by the college as per University rules.
B. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES / REVALUATION
- On receipt of photocopy/ies of desired answer book/s, if the examinee is not satisfied with the marks awarded to him /her by the original examiner, he / she may apply for redressal of grievances in the prescribed form, challenging the valuation done.
- The prescribed application form for revaluation shall have to be filled and signed by the applicant examinee himself / herself and shall be submitted to the person in the office who has been especially assigned this work.
- The examinee shall have to mention clearly in the application form, the reason/s of his / her grievance/s and specify clearly, the question wise his / her points of objection to the valuation done, with proper justification. Incomplete application form/s in any respect shall be rejected without assigning any reason; and the fees paid along with the application form shall not be refunded.
- The candidate should fill up a separate application form for Redressal of Grievances accompanied with the non-refundable fee of Rs.250/- only per paper (for Open Category) and Rs.125/- (for Reserved Category - S.T., S.C., D.T./N.T.) payable in cash only, along with the Xerox copy of the marksheet and copy of the question paper.
- The applications for the redressal of grievances received after the last date shall not be accepted under any circumstance.
- The change of marks, if any, shall be communicated to the applicant/s and revised statements of marks shall be given to him / her only on surrendering of his / her original statement of marks.
- The whole process of redressal of grievances shall be completed as per University rules.
- Photocopies of reassessed answer books by the subsequent examiner/s shall in no case be supplied to the examinee.
- The results of the revaluation of answer book/s shall be binding on the candidate and he / she shall accept the revised marks assigned to his / her paper/s.